Prevent Child Abuse America

Since 1984, Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters have held Shamrock Events — local fundraisers that vary from jambalaya feeds and twister games to silent auctions and golf classics — to support the prevention of child abuse. Shamrock Events, staged by thousands of Kappa Delta women in hundreds of communities nationwide, are held throughout the year and have earned local and national media attention.

Every year, KD collegiate and alumnae chapters raise approximately $1 million dollars to benefit child abuse prevention efforts. A full 80 percent of the money raised stays in the community and is donated to local child-abuse prevention agencies; the remaining 20 percent is donated to PCAA’s national office for its national programs. PCAA was founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone, Lambda-Northwestern, which makes the cause that much more relevant to the sorority.



Epsilon Lambda chapter hosts a Shamrock 5K Run each year that supports Prevent Child Abuse America. See the page on Shamrock for more information regarding this event.

RSS
Pledge Class 2013 READ MORE>
Convention Award READ MORE>
Greek Awards 2013 READ MORE>
Over $7000 Donated READ MORE>
13th Annual Shamrock 5K READ MORE>
Homecoming Week 2012! READ MORE>
Recruitment 2012 READ MORE>
Shamrock Event a Huge Success! READ MORE>
Welcome! READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Selected to Establish New Chapter at Marquette University READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Foundation Awards $51,000 in Grants to Promote Confidence on College Campuses READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Foundation Announces 2014 KiDs Grant Recipients READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Invited to Reestablish Chapter at the University of Vermont READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Sorority Announces 2014-2015 Leadership Development Consultants READ MORE>
Contest Winners Announced at NCTA READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Foundation Announces 2014-2015 Undergraduate Scholarship Recipients READ MORE>
Corre Anding Stegall Collegiate Leadership Awards Announced READ MORE>
Kappa Delta’s National Collegiate Training Academy Opens Today in Chicago READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Invited to Establish New Chapter at University of Rhode Island READ MORE>
Diaz Wins “#YouCan” Contest and Trip to Boston READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Selected to Establish Chapter at the University of North Dakota READ MORE>
Kappa Delta Selected to Reestablish Chapter at the University of Michigan READ MORE>